Namaste

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Window of perception


What it is?? No, its not about that latest britannia bicuit ad.!!
It is about the window of perception which suddenly became so interesting to me. A question came to my mind "Is it because of my window of perception is shifted OR Iam looking through a different window altogether? Got one possible answer; There is so much of filth lying around that it is irrelevant to try and move to another window, or, would the better option be to come out and have a full view?". As a matter of fact, I am afraid to come out !

After coming across so many incidents(in a very short duration), I feel it is certainly not change in my perception, but it is now a fact that our social reality is frightening. Jessica lal's case is the latest addition in that stack of untouched stories. Although media did its bit, but what can we say about that touch which makes a leprotic hopeful of getting his/her body moved and then suddenly having a dreadful sense of negligence as that touch was taken back even before it could serve its purpose. Here, the irony is that, contrary to common belief, even if you choose to stay away, the decease gradually clutches everyone of us.

I saw lately, news content getting filled more with various scams, loots, and the worst 'murders'. 'Nothing new in this' is what I felt initially because the worst was yet to be known, and that was the way victims got treated. Ofcourse, gone are the days (if at all they were there), when culprits used to get a treatment. Now, I am trying to feel for:
1. Jessica Lal's sister
2. Kargil's heroes' parents
3. OH...I started forgetting lot of them too...!

How does one explain the act of these helpless women in nagpur. Obviously this is something new, having an underlying reason, which is so obvious but still so overlooked.

I saw a news about Jessica's case , then read Ankush's blog, had a discussion about kargil with one collegue, read about IPO scam. Then a slightly different news but worth looking, the announcement made against M.F. Hussain(btw this could be a separate discussion as I feel his deeds are indeed outrageous). But the point is, nothing among these I initiated, then is this a coincidence OR a result of watching movie called Rang De Basanti OR change in perception ... OR bitten by REALITY??
What it is??

Where am I going? don't know, but I hope I feel for the third point stated above even more than the other two....might help me in finding out the answer..!

Is dohre ehsaas mein jeena asaan nahi.
Andhere mein darr par kaabu karna asaan nahi,
Kaash ke kamal-sparsh ke liye kichad se na jaana padta,
Ishq khwab se karte aur hakikat mein na aana padta!!!
- Bhramar

Update (06/03/06): A ray of hope
http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/mar/06jessica.htm

Orignal post timing: Thursday February 23, 2006 - 12:45pm (IST)

No comments: