Namaste

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Few special moments!!

Few special moments!!

"Don't believe your friends when they ask for you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves."
- Albert Camus

Isn't it subjective??
Some people may feel that a friend is one who is always there to listen everything they feel and face. Other may prefer friends to just share but not interfere. I personally feel, anyway there could not be a single rule or definition which can judge a good friend for you. What finally matters is that your comfort level while spending time (or I should say Good Times) with a friend.

I will leave this discussion for some other time as there is a better part of my life than thoughts waiting to get logged in here. I had a wonderful visit few days back (to be precise 23rd-25th Dec) to pune. Occasion was, one of my schoolmates(Amit) came back from US for one month. He is pursuing his PhD, for which another one year is left. Me, he and other two friends just thought to turn this occasion into a get-together. This is what I wanted, and was enough to make me move this lean but lazy physique to pune.

"The best thought comes when you are least bothered", I heard this few times, happen to struck by one on my way to pune in bus. I just called up Amit and during talk, out of nowhere sprung an idea of having PuranPoli next afternoon. Well, when the start itself happened with puranpoli (sweet is my weekness) that too not 1 or 2 but 4-5 (as I remember)than what could go wrong.

Same day evening headed to mumbai to start off the get-together. Our two shayane friends were there to entertain us. One of them is an Indian Naval Officer(Prasenjit), by virtue of which we had our way to a very spacious and peaceful colony located at seashore. He addressed Navy personals as poorest people in the richest place. This was evident when he told that the real estate prices in that area (Colaba) are touching sky as 1 Sq. Ft. costs around 40K INR. This triggered the sense of place, I started enjoying more, the privileges I was getting ;-).

Next day we were joined by my 3rd friend's (Vinay's) wife to visit his ship(INS Dunagiri)! That was entertaining as well as informative. Our day started off very late as we slept very late last night, thus, giving us time only for this visit before we headed back to pune. I can never forget that lifetime experience. We as usual were smart enough to decide runtime that it would be better to take a train than going to dadar and taking a bus. I had a intense urge to travel once in a local train of Mumbai, which couldn't took off as my friend had car. Although local train travel, could have been different but my friends (Amit and Vinay) tell that this journey also was very close to that. We went in 'general' compartment, to witness 'one of its own kind' record. It was full in CST itself, but was told to me by my fellow passenger that dadar will fill it up a little more. Next was kalyaan to worsen the case. To sum up the whole scene I can just tell, that guys were sitting even on doors ... :-O !!

Well we reached back to pune at the stroke of midnight and could reach back to Amit's place. Attended one of my friend's marriage and headed back for B'lore next day.

In all of these the moments I cherish most are the ones we spent at seashore lawn (courtesy Official Navy Club) and ofcourse that night talks which lasted from sunset to sunrise. Hope, we have more of such in future.

When friends meet, the occasion becomes special, and I realised that this was the most effective way of enjoying life and sneaking away from the day-to-day worries.

Enjoy :-)

Original post timing: Thursday January 12, 2006 - 06:34pm (IST)

No comments: