Namaste

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two weekends of travel


Last two weekends I travelled to two cities far from each other and diverse in look. First weekend of these I had a relishing time in Hyd'bad, which started off a little early due to thursday being 26th Jan. I am being very sincere in using word 'relishing'. How else would you describe a vacation where you get a homely atmosphere, kids to play with and on top of that authentic Gajar Ka Halwa made by my mother's hands? As if that was not enough (although it was not indeed in my case), my sister too made it especially for me...Image

The occasion was my niece's birthday on republic day. Most of the time I spent at my sister's home only, not by compulsion or lack of time, but by choice. Ofcourse, I needed sometime to finish all of halwa .. ;-). Ahh, those three days just flew passed so quickly, but gave a refreshing feel. I came to know before leaving for hyd'bad that railways have now made Nagpur, a stop for sampark kranti (in addition to hyd'bad and bhopal). I felt relaxed as finally somebody thought the obvious and did it. I immediately cancelled my earlier booked ticket to delhi and booked a fresh money saving one to hyd'bad. After coming back I felt refreshed, which assisted me in looking forward to one more trip to a faraway place called Delhi.

This was even shorter trip just to attend a marraige, which I was seeing as an opportunity to get acquainted to close relatives from my father's side. The reason is, this was only the 5th trip to north (from nagpur) in my lifetime, which resulted in me just vaguely remembering the paternal family structure. I strengthened it to a certain extent, but how much will only be answered in next trip. I reached there on saturday early morning, woke up at 5:00 a.m. and left on sunday night at 8:00. In between, I got only 6 hrs of sleep Image, as it was a night marriage and I stood most of the night taking photographs.

As I don't want to be the last in queue, looking forward for a possible chance of seeing Rang De Basanti this weekend. After hearing so much anout this being a big hit and knowing b'lore, I think, I anyway wouldn't have got the tickets last two weekends. I am praying that I get tickets this weekend...makes me feel b'lore needs even more theatres OR may be the ones that are far from each other to cater needs of different areas. Anyways, waiting to watch this hugely popular patriotic creation.

Let's be roobaroo with RDB's paathshaala.....!

Original post timing: Wednesday February 8, 2006 - 08:22pm (IST)

No comments: