Namaste

Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Makkalidurga trek


makkalidurga trek magnify

It is already late(did on 7th Jan) to write about it, but better late than never.. :-)
Just log and have no backlog .... I know it is a bad one....reminded me one of my friend named Tejas.

Well, let's carry on with the trek story. It was a manhattan CC experience club membership which gave me an opportunity to do something different from routine. I was already regretting an earlier chance (sakleshpura trek ). Although I was pretty sure that this could be nowhere near that but still I just wanted to move out.

We (Me and future life partner 'Meha') started in the morning 6:30 to catch the vehicle, manhattan guys have arranged (actually outsourced to woody adventures). To my surprise, I found that only five of us were enthusiastic enough to wake up and reach there. Out of other three guys, one left when we were just about to board the vehicle saying that there won't be much of fun with just five of us. I wonder what really people of this kind want on a trekking trip.... got an answer?... no no don't be so narrow in your thoughts. It might be that he just wanted to have friendship with little more interesting people ( although subjective to his definition of 'interesting' .. ;-) ) than his other two boring friends (who agreed to go irrespective of the no. of trekkers). However, Truth is that, even I was little disappointed in seeing just four of us but still carried on as the fun lying ahead was beckoning. I hope you must have noticed the first word of last sentence which is to emphasize that I obviously had different reason to get disappointed (You see...future life impacts present life.. ;-) ).

Cut short, we were at the foothill in around 2 hours. It was just across a railway track, which one of the other two trekkers claimed to be the one used by karnataka exp. The guy from organizers lead us as we started off for the top. We had just taken few steps and me and Meha cursed the last day's traffic jam, which deprived her of a nice pair of shoes to be bought. She decided to take her sandals off and carry-on barefeet. I intially thougt that this is a brave but foolish decision, only to find later that I was wrong in judging her ability. There is always some nice scenery waiting for you while climbing any hill, which in this particular case comprised of two lakes on either side, apart from usual greenery. We reached at the top in about another 1-1/2 to 2 hours. There was a small Shiva temple. We offered prayers and than stayed there for some 1/2 an hour to enjoy snacks brought by the organizer. One thing in particular I liked about this guy, apart from his knowledge and stories about previous treks, is that he was very careful about not leaving behind any plastic waste to ruin the natural beauty. Although this must be a usual trait of such trekking enthusiasts but rarely seen in city animals.

We started back and searched a proper(plain) place to enjoy the best part of the trip. Our organizer brought few kites with him, which kept us engaged for around 1-1/2 hour. This is one thing I recommend to everyone who is planning for such trek as there is plenty of breeze up there to support even a newbie. The sun was bright and rocks' surface were heated-up. I could see Meha somehow coping-up with the heat and carry-on for a slow but continued descend. An amazing feat indeed as per my experience of trekking. After reaching back (4:00) to our vehicle we had our lunch and visited a nearby lake for 15 mins.

While on our way back I just thought that we were really lucky as we were just FOUR, which made it possible to go into a cave like place and trying few tiring things. Finally enojyed a saturday much more than previous ones and made comfortably back to home in time. I should add in the last that although there is not much of organization hassles involved in such small treks but still whatever it was in this case, was good enough to appreciate. I want to keep logging-in such trips so that I get encouraged, inspired and kicked for further endeavours.

will be back soon...!

Wednesday February 1, 2006 - 07:48pm (IST)

No comments: